Sunday, September 30, 2007

I thought the discussion regarding the events of Jena as well as the Professor's journalism career quite interesting. I enjoyed the fact that many different students held various opinions regarding the Jena 6 events. Many of the opinions I would not have even realized. I also found it interesting that people in the class felt they were called to support or protest for the Jena 6, whereas others felt no connection whatsoever. I hope this case will continue to make headlines and that it will not simply fade out of the limelight just because it is no longer 'immediate breaking news.' I also thought the Professor who visited with the class had very interesting personal experiences. Her years of journalism work were incredibly educational and I hope to be able to experience even half of the things she did.

No comments: